Cars 3 Extended Sneak Peek REACTION

I'm super excited to see this trailer. Ever since the fifty second teaser came out, this film has jumped, or raced, onto the list of films I'm excited to see this year. That list is coming together and you'll be able to see that soon, but this post is for Cars 3. The darker and, dare I say it, sophisticated tone in the first teaser was an unexpected surprise and I look forward to see how it all turns out in the film, assuming that same tone will be in the film. It's not uncommon for films to have tonally different trailers apart from the film. But I'm hoping that is not the case and that the tone established will be in the final film. So one of the things I'd like to see in this trailer is that tone continue. I'd also like to see more racing and more of the impressive visuals that was in that teaser. I thought the visuals in that teaser were amazing. It looked like it was something out of this Asphalt 8 game I play, which is also a racing game as well. One more thing that would be a bonus is to see some problems that will surely arise for Lightning after his accident. So as always, here's the trailer that you can see below. I will then watch it and you can too and then below will be my reaction.



Negative Comments

Alright. That was a short trailer. It retreaded the original teaser and then added a few more scenes to it. It was more of an extended tv spot than a trailer. I know it's an extended sneak peek, but I thought it was gonna be a bit longer. Things went by so fast, it didn't give me a lot of time process it. So I re-watched the trailer a couple of times and here's my thoughts. The only parts where it didn't go so fast, was the scenes that we've seen before, and that's about half of the video. I wish they'd used that time to show some new things we hadn't seen prior, but it did say extended so I should've seen that coming. I know I should be past this problem already, but one and probably the only problem that keeps me from really getting into this franchise, is that the cars have these buildings and machines, but they never explain how they make those. It's really disconcerting. They have those forklift cars like Guido, but those things don't seem to have that much dexterity to them. We didn't hear Armie Hammer who is playing Jackson Storm, but they are probably saving that for the actual film and I'm okay with that though. They only just recently announced the voice cast so that may be another reason why we didn't hear him.

Positive Elements

But it's time to think positive and there is a lot to like about this sneak peek. First off, the animation quality is spectacular. Pixar has been known to push the boundaries of animation and it applies here as well. Despite wanting to see more, I did like the new things that we saw. I loved the racing sequences. I'm excited to see those scenes play out in the movie itself. We got to hear Cristela Alonzo as Cruz Ramirez, but I don't understand what she can teach Lightning that he doesn't already know. Maybe it's less about the racing skills than it is more about a personal problem Lightning may be going through. But Owen Wilson is so good. We didn't get to hear his reaction to his accident, but I loved when he said "I'm coming for you Storm." I'm wondering if Lightning has a personal vendetta against Storm. That would be an interesting plot twist. Although what happens during a storm? Lightning strikes. Oh man, I could do these puns all day. We don't have enough time to do more puns though. I'm guessing that Lightning will retire at the end of the film and that the ninety-five is a museum dedicated to him.

Conclusion

So that's my review of the Cars 3 extended sneak peek. What did you think of it? Did you agree with my thoughts of it? If not, I'd be curious to hear your own thoughts in the comments section below. Thanks for reading, I'm the film fanatic, bye-bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Manipulation & Cinematic Reality: Christopher Nolan's Filmography