The Lego Batman Movie Trailer #4 REACTION

So along with the new trailer that was released for Wonder Woman yesterday, Warner Brothers released today a new trailer for The Lego Batman Movie. I think that these two trailers are to coincide with the release of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. They're are most likely to play in front of that film to boost the marketing for those two films. Anyways, I am super excited for this film. The Lego Movie was an unexpected hit back in 2014, and I loved that film when I saw that, and in fact one of my favorite characters from the film was Will Arnett's portrayal of the caped crusader. He was very charismatic and was a nice callback to the '60s Batman, although the difference was that I didn't find Arnett's portrayal the campy, cheesy, and corny way that West portrayed the character. But with this spin off film, the cast got a lot more exciting. Zach Galifianakis's is playing the Joker, Ralph Fiennes as Alfred, Jenny Slate as Harley Quinn, Rosario Dawson is playing Barbra Gordon/Batgirl, and Michael Cera as Dick Grayson/Robin. The last two that I mentioned, Batgirl and Robin, haven't been seen on the silver screen since the total train wreck that was Batman and Robin. This film looks FAR superior compared to that horrendous film. It's adding a lot more humor, a lot more jokes, some new characters, it truly is the Batman film that is gonna be a huge hit. I'd be surprised if this fails. I have the trailer here so you can watch that and then read my reaction below it.



Such a great trailer. It's everything I wanted to see and more. It has humor of course, and a surprising amount of heart. It makes sense that Bruce would be afraid of being in a family again, because of the unfortunate incident that was his parent's death. That is something that I think hasn't been explored at all in the Batman films to date, so I like that they're going for that in this film. Again, as I said, it delivers on the humor with Batman kinda hilariously insulting the Joker by calling Superman his true enemy and calling the Joker just every other bad guy he fights. That was hilarious. I like the Robin costume as a running gag. Especially the ending where Batman was thankful that Dick wasn't wearing his outfit, but SURPRISE! He was wearing it underneath his regular clothing. Oh man that was hilarious. Let's hope Barbra's outfit is not like Robin's. There's one thing I don't get though. Batman's always had a relationship with the police. Sure, he's not an official officer, but when taking down baddies, he has the police by his side to arrest them as soon as he's done with them. So it kinda doesn't make sense that in the plot, the police would want to work with Batman, because he already does that. Maybe that hasn't been introduced in this universe, and maybe they're going for a plot where Batman doesn't want to work with the police, and maybe it's an official job so that they could have access to his gadgetry. But again, that seems to already been done in the other films. I'm liking that Alfred is getting to help Bruce more. That hasn't been done before. He's always been Bruce's butler/the wise guy to offer Bruce some advice to now and then. I mean that in the best way. But for him to do more is pretty exciting. The Wiz Khalifa song Black and Yellow seems to be the main theme in the film, and it's an okay song, but from them, I prefer their See You Again song instead. So my final verdict is that this looks to be a complete blast. It looks very fun and it is something I'm definitely excited for when it comes out on February 10th, 2017. Thanks for reading, I'm the film fanatic, bye-bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Manipulation & Cinematic Reality: Christopher Nolan's Filmography