Logan (2017 Film) Trailer REACTION

Ah another trailer for a comic book film comes out. I suppose that it came out the same reason that the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 came out, and that it will most likely play in front of Doctor Strange this coming November. I'm not a huge fan of the X-Men films, but I enjoy them just the same. I've seen a couple films, minus X-Men Apocalypse and Deadpool of course, and a few more, but I watch them to see Hugh Jackman's performance. This is Jackman's only reliable franchise. The roles he has, where he doesn't have claws, are met with mixed to negative response and don't do particularly well like his X-Men films do. I know that Jackman can't be Wolverine forever, but I wonder if him leaving is a good idea. I wish that Fox would've built on that ending in Days of Future Past with all the X-Men alive and well, but alas this is the end for them. This is not only Hugh Jackman and Patrick Stewart's final X-Men film, but everyone else that started with him. I don't know if other X-Men, that we already know, will show up, but maybe they will, I don't know. Anyways before I give my reaction, watch the trailer then read my reaction.



Where to start? First things first. This a very sad trailer. I watched it a few times to examine what's going on and what I found was very sad. I may have shed a tear once or twice during those inspections. The Johnny Cash song that was used, Hurt, is probably one of my favorite songs ever so using that song was a great choice. Director James Mangold chose the right song to play over the trailer. I still don't know some of what happens, but here's what I could gather. That little girl in the trailer is Logan's surrogate kid, but in reality she's a clone of him. I don't know how she was created, I'm not an X-Men know-it-all. I only know what I see in the films. She has claws as well. Both in the hands and the feet, which is peculiar, but I'll play along. Her name is Laura Kinney and her mutant name is X-23. Not a movie coming in the far future, if it get's a twenty-third film at all, but the name of a character. Here's one more thing that I could gather from the trailers. But before I do that, this could possibly be a SPOILER in the film, so "CONTINUE AT SPOILER RISK!" At the ending, we see Logan and Laura grieving over something that Logan has used a shovel for. Yes I'm afraid so. That could be the burial place of Professor Charles Xavier. I kinda choke up just thinking about it, because I love Patrick Stewart's portrayal of the character so much, he does it so well, and to think of him dying is just so sad. I've enjoyed James McAvoy as a younger Xavier, but I think that Patrick Stewart's version is the superior of the two. Logan could possibly die as well, cause it's very clear from the trailer, that Logan's healing power is failing him so he may die too. One things for sure. There will not be a dry eye in the theater when the movie arrives March 3, 2017. Thanks for reading this nice, but sad trailer review for Logan. What did you think of the trailer? Write your thoughts down in the comments section below, as well as what you would like to see done in the blog so I could fulfill any requests you may have for me. Thanks for reading, I'm the film fanatic, bye-bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time Manipulation & Cinematic Reality: Christopher Nolan's Filmography